Note: Megamaschine++ only works with Live 8. One day I may get around to updating it, but don’t hold your breath. In the past I have helped as many people as possible with issues, but unfortunately I no longer have the time to provide any support. With over 2000 downloads, I’m glad so many people found this template useful.
MEGAMaschine++ is my latest Maschine template for Ableton Live. It has been designed to give you hands on control of the functions that will help facilitate a good workflow while you’re jamming out your tunes. It crams in all the features from NI’s latest template, but re-organises them in a more intuitive way and adds some other features from the original MEGAmaschine template.
- 3 selectable pad modes. Toggle between using the pads for firing scenes, clips, or MIDI notes. Features the ‘red box’ like the APC & Launchpad.
- Navigate easily between tracks and devices without touching the mouse.
- 4-track knob pages for controlling Volume, Pan, Sends, Mute & Solo for the tracks currently selected by the ‘red box’.
- Selected track page to control the parameters of the currently highlighted track. Great for arming tracks and recording clips on the fly.
- Device page to navigate and control the devices on the currently selected track.
- Host transport control, plus lots of other functions to make your Live sessions as mouse-free as possible.
Download MEGAmaschine++ here: MEGAmaschine++_v1
1) Copying the template support files to the Ableton Live folder
You first need to copy the two folders from the “Remote Scripts” directory in MEGAmaschine++ zip to the Ableton Live application directory:
1. Extract MEGAmaschine++_v1.zip to a handy place, and open the “Remote Scripts” directory
2. Copy the folders “Maschine” and “Track Control” to the clipboard (select both and then hit CTRL-C or right-click and select Copy)
3. Then go to the following directory: C: > Program Files > Ableton > Live 8 > Resources > MIDI Remote Scripts
4. Important: Look for the folder “Maschine_Controller” and delete it if present
5. Finally, paste the folders “Maschine” and “Selected_Track_Control” you copied to the clipboard before
Mac OS X
1. Extract MEGAmaschine++ zip to a handy place, and open the “Remote Scripts” directory
2. Copy the folders and “Selected_Track_Control” to the clipboard (select both and then hit CMD-C or right-click and select Copy)
3. Then go to Macintosh HD > Applications
4. Right click on “Ableton Live 8″ and choose “Show Package Contents”
5. Then navigate to the following directory: Applications > Ableton Live 8 > Contents > AppResources > MIDI Remote Scripts
6. Important: Look for the folder “Maschine_Controller” and delete it if present
7. Finally, paste the folders “Maschine” and “Selected_Track_Control” you copied to the clipboard before
2) Loading the MEGAmaschine++ CONTROLLER EDITOR template
1. Start the CONTROLLER EDITOR
2. In the Edit menu click on Append and Open, navigate to where you extracted the MEGAmaschine++ zip file, select the MEGAmaschine++.ncm template
3) Setting up Ableton Live for use with the MASCHINE Controller
1. Open the Preferences in Live and go to the MIDI/Sync tab
2. Open the Control Surface menu and select the Maschine Controller entry
3. Open the Input menu and select the MASCHINE Controller entry
4. Open the Output menu and select the MASCHINE Controller entry
5. Under MIDI Ports ensure the Track button for Maschine Controller In is set to “ON”
4) Setting up the MASCHINE Controller
1. Switch the MASCHINE Controller to MIDI mode by pressing SHIFT + CONTROL on the MASCHINE Controller (press this key-combination again to switch back to MASCHINE
2. On the right MASCHINE Controller display you see a list of all available templates. Scroll down to the Ableton Live entry and press the LOAD button to activate it. You can also use SHIFT+ < & > to navigate templates.
If you appreciate the time I put into creating this template please show your support by throwing in a few bucks for my latest release ‘Remixes 1′ featuring my competition winning Icebird remix and a bunch of Australian MCs remixed with my future styles. Pay what you want, or if you are low on coin, enter $0 and still get the tunes for free. Just go get the tunes. Cheers.
Many thanks to @mrhornemusic for copying over the MKII template.